2018 500 Festival mini - mini
Indiana’s youngest runners will take over the world’s largest sporting venue at the 500 Festival mini-mini!
The 500 Festival mini-mini is the first and only youth run to take place at the Indianapolis Motor Speedway. Designed specifically for kids, the 500 Festival mini-mini provides Indiana’s youth with an “Indy Mini” experience that’s sized just for them. The 500 Festival mini-mini will take place on Sunday, August 26, 2018 and is open to children ages 5 – 12. For more information regarding the 500 Festival mini-mini please check out our website here.
For the 2018 500 Festival mini-mini we are looking to fill 300 volunteer opportunities with some of Indiana’s best and most dedicated volunteers.To find out more please take a moment to read all information below in its entirety to ensure that your volunteer experience will be a positive one.
HOW TO REGISTER:
- If this is your first time volunteering with the 500 Festival, you will need to follow these steps;
- Click the dark blue ‘Volunteer Registration’ button
- Select your volunteer opportunities
- Create an account
- Complete your profile
- Already created an account? Click the 'Login' button and enter your address and password to log in.
- If you have any questions regarding the registration process, please contact us at email@example.com.
Please be sure to complete the entire registration process and see a confirmation page. A confirmation email will be sent once you've completed your registration. If you do not receive this email, contact us immediately at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- All volunteers must complete and pass a background check.
- The background check is integrated into the volunteer registration system and once you’ve selected your volunteer role you’ll be directed to another webpage.
- If at any time you have any questions regarding this process please contact us at email@example.com.
- You will only be notified if there is an issue with your background check.
- Volunteers must be 16 years of age or older by the day of the event for which they are volunteering; however, an exception can be made for those participating as part of an organized and supervised group such as Boy Scouts, Girl Scouts, sporting teams, etc.
- Those volunteers younger than 18 MUST have a parent or legal guardian complete our Parental Permission Form.
- Dress Code: Volunteers are required to wear the provided volunteer t-shirt with khaki or black pants, shorts or capris and comfortable sneakers.
- Only those volunteering will be allowed to partake in the refreshments, snacks and t-shirts.
- Children, family, friends or pets are NOT allowed to accompany the volunteer during any of their volunteer shifts at any of our events. If a child wants to volunteer, he or she must be 16 years of age or older and register prior to the event. (See above)
- CODE OF CONDUCT: Treat everyone (visitors, participants, staff, and other volunteers) with courtesy. Never discriminate for age, gender, or race. Remain calm and level-headed in all situations. If problems occur, please contact a staff member, your team leader or a committee member. We are there to assist you.
- SHIFT COMPLETION: Please be sure to complete your entire assigned shift. At the end of your shift, if you have not been relieved, please tell a supervisor and stay in your area until a replacement comes. If this is the final or only shift of the event, please check with your supervisor before leaving.
- ATTENDANCE: We depend on your commitment to participate. Your presence and prompt arrival for your scheduled shifts are absolutely necessary. When you commit, you commit to the selected shift(s) and the entire shift time. If you do not show up for more than three of your scheduled events, and do not cancel in advance, we reserve the right to remove you from future volunteer assignments and activities.
- SHIFT CANCELLATION: All volunteers are able to manage their itinerary on this website including shift additions, shift changes/cancellations, and adding friends/family to shifts. Use your email address and password to login and return to your registration to make any changes.
- WEATHER: Our events are rain or shine, so please do not let rain stop you from coming – we still need you! For your comfort, dress according to the weather forecast!
- PLACEMENT: Please note, the 500 Festival reserves the right to reassign volunteer assignments based on unexpected needs or shifts in events. We will do our best to honor your first choice, but it is not guaranteed.. Thank you in advance for your understanding and enthusiasm while volunteering!
- 500 Festival mini-mini Volunteer T-shirt
- 500 Festival mini-mini Volunteer Pin
- Complimentary snacks and refreshments on event day
- An exclusive, behind-the -scenes look at this 500 Festival event and the Indianapolis Motor Speedway
***The information obtained on this site will only be used by the 500 Festival staff. We will not share, trade, sell or give access to your personal information to any other organization without your permission***
Thank you to our corporate partners of the 500 Festival Volunteer Program, presented by Citizens Energy Group!